Department: Human Resource Postualte
Reports To: Director Human Resource
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: July 2016
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for the administration of all health and welfare and retirement benefit programs in an accurate and timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage day-to-day benefit activities and relationships with benefits vendors to ensure plans are operating according to plan documents including health (medical, dental, vision, prescription drug and wellness), 401(k), short-term and long-term disability, Worker’s Compensation, life AD&D, flexible spending accounts, COBRA, ACA reporting, and any future changes to the current benefit plan offerings.
• Work with vendors to establish plans as new centers are opened and research additional requirements affecting benefit plans which may be specific to state.
• Ensure compliance of benefit programs, utilizing knowledge of benefits legislation (COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, ADA, etc) by staying up to date on rules and regulations impacting benefits programs; work with internal and external customers to ensure regulatory compliance, including completing necessary reporting, testing, participant notice review and distribution, and other required changes necessary for adherence to regulation.
• Responsible for all ACA related reporting, filing, and communication. Work closely with vendors and internal departments to ensure ACA compliance.
• Assist HR Generalist with new hire/ onboarding activities for NPG, new center benefit onboarding prior to Academy, and benefit orientation for all new hires.
• Provide support and assistance to employees with benefit claims questions and issues in timely manner.
• Design and distribute materials for benefit orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
• Maintain plan documents, summary plan descriptions, and benefits summaries for health and welfare plans and 401(k) plan.
• Participate in annual benefits surveys and assess market competitiveness of existing benefits program. Stay up to date on trends and legislative changes as well as state requirements.
• Oversees maintenance of 3rd party enrollment administrator, BeneTrac to include; system file feeds and comparisons, troubleshooting technical issues with enrollment system, accuracy of employee benefits files and updating of employee records.
• Gathers employee data and oversees the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of invoices for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
• Prepares regular benefits reports, including benefit invoices and exports for Finance.
• Manage and process all leave of absence programs, ensure compliance with ADA, FMLA and all relevant federal and state laws.
• Run Payroll funding reports for 401(k) and submit to Vanguard for funding.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to regulations and Emergency Center policies and procedures pertaining to safety, emergency preparedness, infection control, OSHA, fire safety and hazardous materials
• Participate in performance improvement activities as necessary
Emergency Center Policy
• Ensure personal appearance is business casual and professional at all times
• Responsible for wearing Emergency Center identification at all times
• Attend all Emergency Center required meetings and in-service education
• Remain flexible in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts; participates in temporary assignments
• Compliance with attendance standards
• Demonstrate flexibility when changes in assignments are necessary
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 3-5 years related benefits experience required.
• PHR or CEBS professional designations preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Professional Maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand
• Responsibility: The ability to accept choices you have made and the results they have led to
• Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively; actively listens to others, and give feedback
• Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives
• Intelligence: Understand information and apply new knowledge
• Energetic: Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm
• Organized: Efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished
• Computer Savvy: The ability to use technology efficiently and effectively
• Customer Service: The ability to enhance customer satisfaction
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Knowledgeable of current role and technical systems, and the impact it has on the organization
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity
• Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
• Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages participation from team members
• Manages Change: Demonstrates flexibility with changing environments
• Problem Solving: Resolve issues in a timely manner
• Attention to Detail: Follows procedures to ensure entry of data
• Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities
• Judgment: Ability to make independent decisions
• Teamwork: Works with others to accomplish objectives and shows support for decisions
• Quality: Sets high standards to ensure quality in work performed
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for adhering to all company policies, procures, and performance expectations
• The physical demands for this position include: adequate vision, hearing, and repetitive motion
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature
• Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
• Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner
• Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine
• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation