Department: Accounting Postualte
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: December 2016
Manage finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
• Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
• Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
• Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
• Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to regulations and Emergency Center policies and procedures pertaining to safety, emergency preparedness, infection control, OSHA, fire safety and hazardous materials
• Participate in performance improvement activities as necessary
• Maintain discretion of confidential issues
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
• Treat all patients, visitors, and staff members fairly and with respect
• Utilize effective communication methods and skills
Emergency Center Policy
• Ensure personal appearance is business casual and professional
• Responsible for wearing Emergency Center identification at all times
• Attend all Emergency Center required meetings and in-service education
• Remain flexible in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts; participates in temporary assignments
• Compliance with attendance standards
• Demonstrate flexibility when changes in assignments are necessary
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• At least 5 years’ experience in finance and/or accounting required
• Must have Healthcare and GAAP background
• MBA or CPA preferred
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Advanced computer skills
• CPA certification
• Professional Maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand
• Responsibility: The ability to accept choices you have made and the results they have led to
• Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively; actively listens to others, and give feedback
• Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives
• Intelligence: Understand information and apply new knowledge
• Energetic: Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm
• Organized: Efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished
• Computer Savvy: The ability to use technology efficiently and effectively
• Customer Service: The ability to enhance customer satisfaction
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Knowledgeable of current role and technical systems, and the impact it has on the organization
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity
• Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
• Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages participation from team members
• Manages Change: Demonstrates flexibility with changing environments
• Problem Solving: Resolve issues in a timely manner
• Attention to Detail: Follows procedures to ensure entry of data
• Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities
• Judgment: Ability to make independent decisions
• Teamwork: Works with others to accomplish objectives and shows support for decisions
• Quality: Sets high standards to ensure quality in work performed
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for adhering to all company policies, procures, and performance expectations
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
• This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Join us: Jobs@AltusHealthSystem.com