Human Resource Credentialing Coordinator
Department: Human Resources Postualte
Reports To: Director Of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Revision Date: May 2016
The human resource credentialing coordinator handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
• Maintains accuracy in processing physician credentialing applications for initial appointment and
• Serves as a resource for the company’s credentialing software program.
• Maintains accurate on-site and distance personnel files.
• Informs Director of progress and/or potential problems as they arise.
• Ensures all issues are addressed and resolved in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure satisfaction.
• Consistently meets pre-defined productivity metrics and performance standards.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with company policy, The Joint Commission, The Texas Department of State Health Services and other regulatory agencies.
• Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals; disseminates approved.
• Prepares paperwork required to place employees on payroll and establishes personnel file.
• Responsible for employee distributing and tracking employee ID badges.
• Oversees the distribution of NEC uniforms and main contact for the NEC apparel store.
• Perform other duties assigned
• Demonstrates knowledge of and adhere to regulations and Emergency Center policies and procedures pertaining to safety, emergency preparedness, infection control, OSHA, fire safety and hazardous materials
• Participates in performance improvement activities as necessary
• Maintains confidentiality of patient related issues and adhering to all HIPAA rules and regulations.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills
• Treats all patients, visitors, and staff members fairly and with respect
• Utilizes effective communication methods and skills
• Explains all procedures, treatments, and care while remaining aware of language barriers
• Able to perform care in non-judgmental manner and recognize discrepancies between patient and personal beliefs
Emergency Center Policy
• Ensures personal appearance is business casual and professional at all times
• Responsible for wearing Emergency Center identification badge at all times which must be visible and above the waistline
• Attends all Emergency Center required meetings and in-service education
• Remains flexible in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts; participates in temporary assignments
• Compliance with attendance standards
• Demonstrates flexibility when changes in assignments are necessary
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year credentialing experience
• 1-3 years office experience in a health care setting preferred
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• Must be able to effectively communicate with customers both in person, and over the telephone
• Must have understanding of basic medical terminology
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Basic computer skills
• CPCS (if not certified at the time of hire, will obtain within two (2) years)
• Professional Maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand
• Responsibility: The ability to accept choices you have made and the results they have led to
• Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively; actively listens to others, and give feedback
• Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives
• Intelligence: Understand information and apply new knowledge
• Energetic: Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm
• Organized: Efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished
• Computer Savvy: The ability to use technology efficiently and effectively
• Customer Service: The ability to enhance customer satisfaction
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Knowledgeable of current role and technical systems, and the impact it has on the organization
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity
• Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
• Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages participation from team members
• Manages Change: Demonstrates flexibility with changing environments
• Problem Solving: Resolve issues in a timely manner
• Attention to Detail: Follows procedures to ensure entry of data
• Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities
• Judgment: Ability to make independent decisions
• Teamwork: Works with others to accomplish objectives and shows support for decisions
• Quality: Sets high standards to ensure quality in work performed
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for adhering to all company policies, procures, and performance expectations
• The physical demands for this position include: adequate vision, hearing, and repetitive motion
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature
• Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
• Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner
• Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine
• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
Join us: Jobs@AltusHealthSystem.com